Hiring is your front door to your future success.™
Companies want to hire high impact “A” players. To accomplish this goal, senior executives and HR have developed detailed hiring methods. However, within the company there are always managers who want to short circuit the process. There are no short cuts when hiring “A” players.
10 Ways NOT to hire an “A” player:
• The hiring manager does not have a clear picture of the job’s needs, challenges and goals
• The hiring manager is unprepared or arrives late to the interview
• The hiring manager seems distracted, stressed or impatient
• The hiring manager hires based on first impression
• The hiring manager is intimidated by the candidate’s qualifications
• The hiring manager is not an “A” player
• The hiring manager has an antiquated “I’m a good judge of character” attitude.
• The hiring manager’s decision is based on job fit rather than culture fit
• The hiring manager talks too much during the interview
• The hiring manager thinks their current hiring skills are good and is unwilling to change
The world is changing at speeds never seen before. Whole industries are experiencing revolutionary change. Is the human side of your hiring process keeping up? Is hiring your competitive advantage?