Teenagers started a huge national movement that adults could not – or would not – do. Are there any takeaways for C-Suite executives and HR professionals?
Yes! A titanic shift in workplace demographics is taking shape. Over the next couple of years, today’s teenagers will combine with Millennial – already the biggest segment of the workforce – to significantly impact how we do business. Together, they will be over 65% of the labor market. Additionally, Baby Boomers are retiring at record numbers. Result: Revolutionary change at speeds we have never seen before.
Is your company ready?
Generation Z (The speed of Millennials x 2)
- They are not afraid to force change when necessary
- They respect managers who act – not just talk and delay
- They will use social media to challenge the status quo
- They saw how the Great Recession impacted their parents
- Smartphones are their lifeline to the instant everything world
- With social media, every employee can make or break your company’s reputation
- On-boarding starts in the interview
Will the people you hire today be the people you need tomorrow? Hiring is the front door to your future success. ™