Are you a college degree snob?
Many managers only want to interview candidates with a degree. Perhaps they should reconsider:
- Fake diplomas and transcripts – $1 Billion industry see the websites for Phony Diploma, Next Day Diploma, etc.
- Successful people without a degree – Simon Cowell, Thomas Edison, JK Rowling, Rachael Ray, Dave Thomas (Wendy’s), Richard Branson, Bill Gates, etc.
How does that affect my hiring?
- Life may have gotten in the way of a person finishing their college degree. (i.e. sick parents, money issues, etc.)
- There is an enormous pool of intelligent, talented, loyal candidates who are looking for a real-world opportunity. Look for people who have taken initiative under difficult circumstances and/or who have a sense of urgency.
- If the person fits your culture – you both win.